London, United Kingdom (5 August 2011) – Holborn Training, best known for its franchised Pitman Training centres in London and Manchester has launched an all new Executive PA course entitled “From Good To Outstanding.”
Written and delivered by top EA Adam Fidler, the 2-day course is aimed at experienced PAs, Executive Assistants and senior secretaries who want to develop their skills to the highest level.
Adam Fidler is the UK National PR Officer for European Management Assistants (EUMA), a non-profit making association for PAs with some 1,600 members throughout Europe and is currently the EA to the most senior director of Salford City College, one of the largest Colleges in the UK.
In addition, Adam is a qualified secretarial and business studies teacher, a shorthand expert (he reached 160 wpm in Teeline shorthand), and a regular contributor of articles to secretarial magazines.
Fidler says, “I’d been talking to the people at Holborn for some time, particularly with regard to their secretarial training, so when the opportunity came up to collaborate on an Executive PA course, I was delighted to get involved.”
Holborn Training Managing Director Shilpa Wymer adds: “We had identified that the PA community was looking for training to build their skills beyond those delivered by our popular Pitman Training courses and when we got to know Adam, the opportunity arose for us to do something special for them.
“The result is a fantastic 2-day training programme aimed at high level people.”
“From Good To Outstanding” sets out to cover a range of advanced skills, including:
• Understand the role of the Personal Assistant, the skills required and the expectations senior managers have of their Personal Assistants
• Know how values, personal motivation and positive thinking can enhance your effectiveness at work
• Appreciate that the more senior you become, the more important your behaviours become
• Know how to work autonomously, set daily routines and make decisions
• Be ready to take the lead on meeting administration – learn smarter ways to create agendas, meeting papers and minutes
• Work more effectively with senior managers, and become more resilient when working under pressure
• Know how to deal with your emotions at work
• Learn new systems to keep you organised and focused on the task in hand
• Be prepared to take control of your job, and climb the career ladder with confidence.
The programme will be launched in Central London on 8/9 November, 2011 and only 12 places will be available at £695.00 + VAT per delegate.
Shilpa Wymer added: “We know this is going to be a popular event. We’ve already had one booking just 3 hours after putting it on our website. It’s rare to see such a high level course with so few places available, so we’re confident it will sell out very quickly.”
For more information about “From Good To Outstanding”, call Shilpa Wymer on 020 7025 4700 or email her at email@example.com.
About Holborn Training:
Holborn Training Ltd operates Pitman Training centres under franchise from Pitman Training Group. The Pitman name first achieved fame as a style of shorthand writing in 1837. As of 1996, Pitman was the shorthand method of choice in the UK. Pitman Training Ltd is now a franchise of professional training schools spread across the UK, teaching popular subjects including legal secretarial courses, executive PA courses, secretarial training, touch typing courses, and bookkeeping courses.
020 7025 4700
Notting Hill centre – 020 7792 5214
High Holborn centre – 020 7025 4700
Manchester centre – 0161 923 6814