Iduron is one of the leading Glycosaminoglycan companies in the UK. We can support some of the latest and most exciting research into the development of glycobiology.
What is Glycobiology?
Glycobiology is basically the study of Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). These polysaccharides have been shown to play a key role in natural body functions including the metabolism of lipoproteins, regulation of blood viscosity and also the control of cell growth. GAGs are ‘information rich’ and the study of their properties has led to some incredibly significant insights into molecular biology.
- Many leading scientists now believe that glycobiology is one of the most important new areas of study for the pharmaceutical industry.
- The study of the molecular behaviour, structure and binding properties of GAGs is helping to shed new light on the pathological processes of human disease.
- In particular glycobiology has shown that GAGs are fundamental to certain mechanisms of disease including inflammation, parasitic and microbial infections and tissue degeneration (brain and muscle).
- The study of glycobiology could lead to new insights into how to treat conditions that have so far eluded modern medicine such as Alzheimer’s and cancer.
- This is one of the reasons why top charity research centres are interested in glycobiology such as Cancer Research UK and the Paterson Institute for Cancer Research.
Iduron is one of the top research companies involved in the rapidly growing field of glycobiology. We specialise in providing an extensive range of products for GAG research and offer expert advice to clients.
High Profile Research
Iduron was founded by a highly respected team based at the University of Manchester. The team is headed by Professor John Gallagher and together these experts have published a large number of papers in the field of glycobiology.
You can order from Iduron quickly and easily online. All you need to do is view the online catalogue and select the products you want. Once you have provided us with your basic details then you can pay securely online using credit/debit cards. Alternatively you can choose to pay later on when you are invoiced by cheque, BACs or credit/debit card.
If you are interested in glycobiology then you can contact one of our friendly expert advisers today to learn more about our products and services.
Glycobiology is one of the most exciting new fields of molecular research. Contact Iduron today if you want to find out more about how our glycobiology expertise could benefit your business or research projects.
University of Manchester,